Regional Touring Program
The Regional Touring Program (RTP) provides support for regional presenting organizations to showcase the work of artists from outside their home states.
- Presenters that book an artist listed on a state touring roster may be awarded up to 50 percent of the artist’s fee.
- Presenters that book an artist that lives in the region, but is not listed on a touring roster, may be awarded up to 25 percent of the artist’s fee.
- Presenters located in rural communities may receive an additional 10 percent of the artist’s fee.
Touring artists must come from outside your state but within M-AAA’s service region (Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas). Organizations must be not-for-profit or a governmental or tribal entity.
Presenters may book artists in any discipline and grants require a complementary arts activity (a class, performance, or other) that precedes a public performance.
Applications are accepted on a rolling deadline at any point during M-AAA’s fiscal year, which is July 1–June 30. Grants are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, until the allocation for each state is gone. New allocations begin each year on July 1.
If you are an artist
Although RTP grants are awarded directly to presenting organizations, artists can help by:
- Registering on your state’s touring roster. If you are already registered, make sure your information is up to date.
- Creating a website and making sure your information is up to date. Presenters are required to submit a link to this site as part of the application.
- Circulating this flyer, outlining the program opportunities.