Online Application Checklist for RTP
Before you submit your grant application, it’s important to have the following information ready.
Cover Letter: Optional (upload document)
Check which statement best reflects the applicant’s relationship with M-AAA:
The applicant has never applied for a M-AAA grant.
The applicant has not been successful with previous M-AAA grant applications.
The applicant is a previous M-AAA grantee.
How did the applicant learn about this grant opportunity? (drop-down menu)
Applicant Contact Information
- Applicant Organization Name (as it is listed on the Federal IRS 501(c)3 Determination Letter
- Applicant Address (The nine-digit zip code is required [format: xxxxx-xxxx])
- Applicant Phone Number
- Applicant Fax Number (if applicable)
- Applicant Website (if applicable)
- Contact Person’s Name
- Contact Person’s Title
- Contact Person’s Phone Number
- Contact Person’s Email
- Alternate Contact Person’s Name
- Alternate Contact Person’s Title
- Alternate Contact Person’s Phone Number
- Alternate Contact Person’s Email
- Applicant Information
- Applicant County
- U.S. Congressional District Number
- State House Legislative District Number
- State Senate Legislative District Number
- Choose the category that best describes the applicant’s legal status. (drop-down menu)
- Applicant Federal Employer Identification # (if applicable [format: xx-xxxxxxx])
- Applicant Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) # (format: xxxxxxxxx)
- Choose the category that best describes the applicant. (drop-down menu)
- Choose the discipline that best describes the applicant’s primary area of work in the arts. (drop-down menu)
- Applicant’s Annual Operating Budget (This should reflect the organization’s most recent fiscal year.)
- Designate on which, if any, regional state arts agency roster the artist is listed. (drop-down menu)
- Artist Name (Note: The artist CANNOT be from the applicant’s state.)
- Artist Contact Person’s Name (if applicable; manager or booking agent information should be noted in fields 37–40.)
- Artist Address (nine-digit zip code is required [format: xxxxx-xxxx])
- Artist Phone Number
- Artist Email
- Artist Website (If the Artist is on a regional state arts agency roster, the link to that listing will suffice.)
- Management or Booking Agency or Agent Name (if applicable)
- Management or Booking Agency Address (if applicable)
- Management or Booking Agent Phone Number (if applicable)
- Management or Booking Agent Email (if applicable)
- Feature presentation artist contract (upload document)
- Name of Organization or Person involved in the complementary activity
- Address of the Organization or Person involved in the complementary activity
- Phone Number of the Organization or Person involved in the complementary activity
- Email of the Organization or Person involved in the complementary activity
- Website of the Organization or Person involved in the complementary activity
- Complementary activity contract (upload document)
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae of the Person involved in the complementary activity
- Project Information
- Project Priority
- Project Title
- Project Featured Discipline (drop-down menu)
- Project Featured Type of Activity (drop-down menu)
- Choose one strategic outcome intended as a result of the project:
Creation: The portfolio of American art is expanded.
Engagement: People experience art.
Learning: People of all ages acquire knowledge or skills in the arts.
Livability: Communities are strengthened through the arts.
Understanding: Knowledge and understanding about the contributions of the arts are enhanced.
- Choose the one statement that best describes the amount of arts education involved in the project:
50% or more of the funded activities are arts education.
Less than 50% of the funded activities are arts education.
None of this project involves arts education.
- Project Start Date
- Project End Date
- Feature Presentation Venue Name and Address
- Number of Public Feature Presentations
- Complementary Venue Name and Address (if different from the Feature Presentation Venue)
- Number of Complementary Activities
- Anticipated Total Number of Artists under contract for the project
- Feature Presentation and Complementary Educational Activity Schedule (upload document listing each project activity; include the activity title, artist name, date, time, and venue name, address, city, state, zip code)
- Accessibility Checklist Form: upload one form for each venue
- The Applicant Organization and Its Mission: Describe the applicant and contextualize it within the local and/or regional community. Please provide the applicant’s mission statement. (Limit 300 words.)
- The Project: Describe the feature presentation and the complementary educational activities for which funds are requested. If this project is a repeat of previous offerings, describe how a return engagement will be used to build on prior activities. Be specific regarding any other unique aspects of this project. (Limit 500 words.)
- Community Partnership Strategies: Describe the partnerships that will develop through participation in or support of this project. (Limit 300 words.)
- Community Engagement Strategies: Who are the audiences/communities that the applicant hopes to engage with this project? What promotional tools will be utilized? Describe how underserved audiences will be included. (Limit 300 words.)
- Evaluation of the Project: What kind of impact (artistic, intellectual, civic, economic, etc.) does the applicant hope the project will have? Describe how the organization and its partners will evaluate this project. (Limit 300 words.)
Project Financial Information
(Round all amounts to the nearest dollar amount)
- Expense: Feature Presentation Fees (This should reflect the total amount noted in the featured artist’s contracts.)
- Expense: Complementary Activity Fees (This should reflect the total amount noted in contract(s) for the complementary activity.)
- Expense: Other (This should reflect the anticipated amount to be spent on all parts of the project for personnel, marketing, rental equipment, facility rental, supplies, etc.)
- Total Project Expense (This is the total of lines 66–68, which should be equal to or less than the Total Project Income, line 75.)
- Income: M-AAA Funding (Should be 25–50% of the total artist’s fees for both the featured presentations and the complementary activity, dependent on the regional state arts agency roster listing status. Maximum $5,000.)
- Income: Direct (This includes income from ticket sales, contributions, workshop fees, general organizational funds, etc.)
- Income: Other Federal Funding (This includes any additional funding that was received for this project from a federal agency [i.e., National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, Institute of Museum and Library Studies, etc.])
- Income: Other State Funding (This includes any additional funding that was received for this project from a state agency [i.e., a state’s Arts Commission, Department of Commerce, Department of Education, etc.])
- Income: Other Local Funding (This includes any additional funding that was received for this project from a local organization, foundation or agency [i.e., local arts council, a local business, etc.])
- Total Project Income (This is the total of lines 70–74, which should be equal to or more than the Total Project Expense, line 69.)
- Budget (upload document; offer detailed information regarding any line item that is more than 10% of the total budget.)
The applicant hereby certifies to the best of its knowledge and belief that it and its principals:
a) are not presently declared ineligible, or excluded from receiving federal assistance from any federal agency;
b) do not currently owe a debt to the federal government for outstanding taxes;
c) have not, within a three-year period preceding this project been convicted of or had a civil judgment rendered against them for commission of fraud or a criminal offense in connection with obtaining or attempting to obtain public funds;
d) are not presently indicted for or otherwise criminally or civilly charged by a government entity with commission of any of the offenses noted above.
By virtue of checking the box and submitting this form online I, the representative of the applicant, certify that all information contained in this proposal is true.
Any questions or concerns regarding this grant program should be directed to the M-AAA Arts and Humanities Grantmaking staff at RTP (at) maaa.org.