2019 Inge Festival New Play Lab / Deadline: November 22
The New Play Lab at the annual William Inge Theater Festival is a partnership between the Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission and the William Inge Center for the Arts at Independence Community College.
The 4th Annual New Play Lab seeks to connect 20 playwrights with the national theater community through during the 38th Annual William Inge Theater Festival, May 22-25, 2019.
Selected playwrights receive a professional public staged reading of their play, feedback from national theater artists on their script, exclusive playwriting masterclasses with master playwrights, and full access to all private and public festival events.
This year the festival will honor playwright Octavio Solis with the 2019 Distinguished Achievement in American Theater Award.
Interested playwrights are invited to submit a 10 minute or one-act play (no more than 30 minutes, no more than four actors) to be included in the New Play Lab.
The playwrights receive:
- A professional staged reading of their play with an audience
- Feedback on their play facilitated by national theater professionals
- Exclusive playwriting masterclasses with master playwrights (including festival honoree Octavio Solis and a Dramatist Guild Fund Traveling Master playwright)
- Opportunities to meet with theater professionals from across the country
- VIP passes to all festival events
Applications are due by midnight on Nov. 22, 2018, with notification by Jan. 18, 2019.