Langston Hughes Awards (KS) / Deadline: December 20
The Lawrence Arts Center and the Raven Bookstore announce their joint sponsorship of the 2020 Langston Hughes Creative Writing Awards. Two awards of $500 each are given annually, one in poetry and the other in fiction.
- Writers of poets or fiction;
- Writers currently living in Douglas County, KS, who have maintained residence for at least one year prior to submission;
- Writers must be 21 years or older;
- Writers who have not published a book-length volume of poetry or fiction;
- Previous winners are not eligible.
Winners will be announced on February 1, 2020 (Langston Hughes birthday) and a celebration and reading will be held in honor of the award winners.