Catapult / Deadline: Ongoing
Catapult gives early support to propel projects forward that hold the promise of a story that should be uniquely told in film. Catapult provides development funding of up to $20,000, to documentary filmmakers who have a strong story to tell, have secured access, and are ready to create a fundraising piece to help unlock critical production funding. Catapult supports powerful and moving storytelling, by filmmakers with a strong voice across a broad spectrum of subject matter.
Please note: Catapult will not be accepting applications during the month of December 2018
Catapult is not tied to any specific social issue agenda and supports and encourages filmmakers to tell a full range of stories on film in whatever form fits the film and artist. As a result Catapult supported films can range widely in style and scope.
Catapult is looking for
- Creative, artful, compelling and innovative storytelling techniques
- Strong story narrative at the core of the film
- A unique perspective or approach; use of humor a plus
- Contemporary relevance
- Feasibility of the project with respect to its budget, financing, schedule and scope
- Demonstrated ability of the creative team to have implemented previous projects
- Grant amount should have significant impact on development stage of the project
- Emphasis on the story not the lesson or agenda of the filmmaker
- Filmmaker’s credible access and rapport with the proposed subject(s) of the story.
- Originality of form, approach or content
- Potential of the project to generate public discourse and social engagement