Engage Houston Training June 18
Engage Houston presents HR Compliance for Arts and Culture Organizations: Identify Potential Risks and Solutions Effectively
Tuesday June 18, 10:00 a.m. to noon
Buffalo Soldiers National Museum, Houston
This workshop presented by Erin McClarty will provide a basic overview of HR compliance and offer cost-effective ways to manage potential risks. McClarty will discuss day-to-day risks associated with organizational programming and operations, as well as provide solutions that can be implemented to mitigate these risks.
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- What does an independent contractor really look like?
- Hiring artistic talent
- Basic wage law at the federal and local level
- Worker’s Compensation
- Agreements for Executive Directors and staff
- Contract basics to protect organizations
- Creative projects and programming: who owns them?
- Legal requirements for staff, management and the board
- What happens if there’s fraud, mis-filings or mistakes?
About the Presenter: Writer, business owner, creative, and attorney by trade, Erin McClarty helps clients all over the nation to bring their visions for bettering the world to life. She works with businesses, charities, institutions, and movement leaders to create business models, effective operations, and infrastructures that reflect their values, mission, and dreams. Erin’s approach to bringing clarity and healing is through her use of effective tools and strategies, community engagements, resource sharing, and education.