Grant Guidelines for RTP
Thanks in part to generous support from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), M-AAA invites eligible organizations to apply for underwriting for projects of artistic excellence and artistic merit that meet the Regional Touring Programs objectives and criteria.
The Regional Touring Program (RTP) is designed to support organizations and artists across the M-AAA region (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas) in their efforts to engage and deepen the impact of arts programming on regional and underserved audiences through exposure to, interaction with, and outreach created to support a combination of activities. Through this grant program, M-AAA underwrites up to 50% of M-AAA’s regional state arts agency roster artists’ fees or 25% of other regional artists’ fees for at least one public presentation preceded by an outreach educational activity.
READ THE FULL GUIDELINES HERE. Highlights include:
Organizational applicants must:
- Be a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, a unit of state or local government, or a federally recognized tribal community
- Have a valid Dun and Bradstreet number
- Be located in the M-AAA region
- Be in good standing with M-AAA, with no overdue or delinquent reports and/or documentation
Regional Touring Program projects may NOT include requests to underwrite:
- An artist from the same state as the applicant
- An artist who resides outside the M-AAA region
- An activity that is not arts focused (e.g. conference keynote speeches, sidewalk sales, food festivals, fireworks displays, etc.)
- An activity that is part of a benefit or fundraiser
- Activities at colleges and universities where students will receive academic credit for participation or attendance
- Activities that serve mostly students and faculty with minimal or no general public involvement.
Please refer to the Regional Touring Program Frequently Asked Questions prior to contacting staff. If questions and/or concerns regarding the Regional Touring Program remain, contact the Program Administrator at rtp (at) maaa.org or (816) 421-1388, ext. 228.
How to Apply
M-AAA will only consider application materials submitted online.