Grant Guidelines for RTP
Thanks in part to generous support from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), M-AAA invites eligible organizations to apply for underwriting for projects of artistic excellence and artistic merit that meet the Regional Touring Programs objectives and criteria.
The Regional Touring Program (RTP) is designed to support organizations and artists across the M-AAA region (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas) in their efforts to engage and deepen the impact of arts programming on regional and underserved audiences through exposure to, interaction with, and outreach created to support a combination of activities. Through this grant program, M-AAA underwrites up to 50% of M-AAA’s regional state arts agency roster artists’ fees or 25% of other regional artists’ fees for at least one public presentation in conjunction with an outreach arts activity.
FY22 Guidelines can be found here. Notably in FY22, eligible projects include at least two public-facing activities: a feature presentation and an outreach engagement that occurs between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022. While M-AAA’s preference for public-facing activities remains in-person experiences of the artist or ensemble, live streaming online events are an excellent accommodation while the COVID-19 pandemic is a public health concern. The outreach engagement can be provided by a local scholar, educator, or another artist who works with similar themes or the same art form as that involved in the feature presentation. Applicants and artists are urged to include a termination clause in all project contracts that states the fulfillment of the contract is contingent upon local public health authority guidance and/or funding from M-AAA and other pending financial resources.
Other highlights include:
Organizational applicants must:
- Be a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, a unit of state or local government, or a federally recognized tribal community
- Have a valid Dun and Bradstreet number
- Be located in the M-AAA region
- Be in good standing with M-AAA, with no overdue or delinquent reports and/or documentation
Regional Touring Program projects may NOT include requests to underwrite:
- An artist from the same state as the applicant
- An artist who resides outside the M-AAA region
- An activity that is not arts focused (e.g. conference keynote speeches, sidewalk sales, food festivals, fireworks displays, etc.)
- An activity that is part of a benefit or fundraiser
- Activities at colleges and universities where students will receive academic credit for participation or attendance
- Activities that serve mostly students and faculty with minimal or no general public involvement.
Please read the full guidelines prior to contacting staff. If questions and/or concerns regarding the Regional Touring Program remain, contact the Program Administrator at rtp (at) maaa.org or (816) 421-1388, ext. 228.