GRANTS FOR VISUAL ARTISTS
The award provides direct support to under-recognized artists 21 years or older.
Funding decisions are made by the Board of Directors, following review of applications by independent professional advisors. Awards are made of up to $10,000. The number of awards is determined each year by the annual granting budget. Grants are made to support the development of artists’ work and a grantee may use their award to support any activity toward that purpose.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
To apply, a $15 application fee is required. Fees are applied to grant administration and program development.
Applicants must use the foundation’s online application system to submit the following:
- Artist resume
- Artist statement (up to 200 words)
- Work samples (up to 10)
The deadline to submit an online application for the 2018 grant cycle is April 20, 2018. Follow this link to online application.
- Self-defined under-recognized visual artist 21 years or older
- United States citizen
- Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program are not eligible.
- Not a previous recipient of a direct artist grant from Harpo.
- Artists who have been supported by an organizational grant from Harpo in the past are eligible to apply for a direct grant.