Join ExhibitsUSA’s Resiliency Program, called COST
Mid-America Arts Alliance is pleased to announce a call for applicants for our first Cultural Organization Strength Training (COST) cohort!
M-AAA’s program ExhibitsUSA developed COST as a free program to engage more deeply with venues as organizations find their way forward from the pandemic’s disruptions and its accompanying economic stress.
This program is an invitation to join a community of museum professionals to learn and apply new approaches that will shape the way we think about the future of the museum field. This cohort offers an opportunity to share ideas in a learning environment where learning outcomes are co-designed with the participants.
We are committed to the principle that truly resilient organizations will also authentically respond to calls to accurately reflect their communities and become capable partners with those they serve.
This training will prioritize museums that serve diverse communities; located within our six-state region of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Texas; or the only museum or cultural organization within a 25-mile radius.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
COST will consist of six monthly meetings beginning in October 2021 that will explore the following:
- Capacity building for resilience: equitable governance models, communication, and planning that reflect the needs of communities
- Strategies for emergent leader training
- A step-by-step process for building a mission impact story
- Tools to integrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and access across your organizational structure and program delivery. In each session, we will add to the resources already created by partners who have been working in this field to ensure that DEIA is a central vision of resiliency
- Building an internal and external communication strategy to strengthen the story of our mission and its impact on our community
- Resilience and renewal: steps to building a culture of stewardship for ourselves, our colleagues, our communities, and our institutions
HOW TO APPLY
This cohort will consist of no more than 15 participating venues, so space is limited. Apply via the link below by 11:00 p.m. CST on Friday, September 3, 2021. This program is FREE to all selected to participate. If you have any questions, contact Sarah Garten, Audience Engagement Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: Installation image from the exhibition Blake Little: Photographs from the Gay Rodeo, on view at the James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art, St. Petersburg, FL