Lawndale Art Center in Houston – Submissions open for The Big Show 2018 / Deadline: July 26, 2018
The Big Show is an ambitious annual exhibition of new work by artists practicing within a 100-mile radius of Lawndale Art Center.
• The Big Show is open to artists living within a 100-mile radius of Lawndale.
• Each artist may submit up to 3 original artworks completed between January 2017 to present.
• Work must fit through the 6′ 9″ x 4′ 11″ entryway and cannot exceed 200 pounds in weight.
• Works previously exhibited in Houston will be disqualified.
• All works must be exhibition ready and include proper hanging hardware. Works that are not stable enough to endure the exhibition may not be eligible.
• All works must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
• All works must be submitted online via submittable.com.
Applications will be accepted through Thursday, July 26, 2018 until 11:59 PM (Central Standard Time).
• There is no submission fee.
• Artists must submit a recent exhibition history, including participation in previous iterations of The Big Show.
• Submit only 1 image of each work, along with the image captions (title, medium, and dimensions). Artists may submit up to 3 works.
• Images should be .jpeg format. Please limit each file size to 1 MB (minimum size of 4″ x 6″ at 300 dpi).
• Do not submit detail images of the work(s).
• Video submissions will require a link to a hosting site. Ex: vimeo, youtube, etc… All final work must be submitted to Lawndale in the .mp4 format.
• All files should be labeled as Last name_Title_Year completed. Example: Smith_Work1_2017.Jpg
• Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit the Big Show page at Lawndale.