Lee’s Summit, MO Annual and Mini-Grant Applications Open / Deadline: August 1
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2018/2019 ANNUAL GRANT AND MINI-GRANT CYCLE
The Lee’s Summit Arts Council offers competitive Annual Grants and Mini Grants to local organizations, community groups, businesses and individuals that make the arts and culture accessible to the citizens of Lee’s Summit as well as for visitors to the area.
Annual Grant Opportunities
Deadline: August 1, 2018 5:00 pm
Maximum Grant Request: $1,000
Applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed at the August Arts Council Meeting held the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. Applicants approved for funding will be notified by mid-September. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Grants will be awarded based on the applicant’s ability to demonstrate the following:
- Community impact,
- Need for support
- Creative use of funds
- Artistic quality
- Ability to administer and implement project
- Diversity of population served
1. Awarded grant funds must be used for cultural art events or programs that take place in Lee’s Summit. At this time, the Arts Council will consider applications from non-profit organizations (non-religious), businesses and individuals.
2. Grantees must complete and submit a Final Grant Report to the Arts Council. The deadline for a Final Grant Reports is 30 days following the conclusion of a funded project/program for all project grants, or 30 days following the close of a Grantee’s fiscal year for general operating support. A Final Grant Report must be submitted prior to being considered for any future grants. Organizations or individuals with an outstanding Final Grant Report will not be allowed to submit a new grant application.
3. Grants cannot fund events or activities that are already in progress or that have already taken place.
4. The Arts Council logo must appear on ALL marketing materials related to the funding project. When possible, grantee also agrees to recognize the Arts Council at the funded event. Grantees will be required to provide recognition examples as part of the Final Grant Report.
The Lee’s Summit Arts Council (LSAC) appreciates the valuable art programs and services provided by our local arts organizations and citizens. To support the cultural arts in our community, the LSAC will accept requests for financial support up to $500. All requests are subject to the LSAC’s approval. The following criteria will be considered: community impact, demonstrated need for support, creative use of funds, artistic quality, ability to administer and implement project, and the diversity of population served.
- Support funds must be used for cultural art events/programs that take place in Lee’s Summit.
- Individuals or organizations receiving financial support must provide a post event report to include:
- A written report that includes a final overall financial performance, how many people were served, and all public relations materials with Arts Council logo and name.
- A presentation to accompany the written report within two months of the conclusion of the event during a monthly Arts Council meeting.
- Mini-grant requests are reviewed the at the LSAC monthly meeting which meets the second Tuesday of every month.
- All submissions MUST be received 90 days prior to the program or event for consideration.
- All approved grants must include the Arts Council logo on ALL marketing materials.
Mini-grant requests are reviewed at the LSAC monthly meeting which meets the second Tuesday of every month. The deadline for consideration is the first of every month. Submissions received after the first of the month will not be reviewed until the following month.
All submissions must be received 90 days prior to the program or event for consideration.
Applicants are required to fill out the online application form for consideration. Any questions regarding the form or submissions may be directed to Glenda Masters at 816-969-1032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although not an eligibility requirement, new applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Cultural Arts Manager to review their proposed project prior to submitting an application.