Charlotte Street Open Call for Capsule / Deadline: October 15
Charlotte Street Foundation is pleased to announce that the application window is now open for 2019 Series programming in Capsule. Capsule is the new performing arts space located at 1664 Broadway Boulevard.
This is an open call for artists who are looking to propose a program series throughout the 2019 calendar year. The deadline for open call submissions is at 11:59 PM (CST) on October 15, 2018. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capsule is a performing & performance art venue just south of downtown Kansas City in the eclectic Crossroads Arts District. Capsule serves as a platform to highlight emerging, contemporary, experimental, and hybrid performance practice.
Proposals for series programming to be considered for Capsule’s 2019 season should be submitted by 11:59 PM (Central Standard Time) on October 15th, 2018.
Proposals may be for ongoing series of contemporary arts programming including, but not limited to: original live performances (dance, theater, music, performance art, spoken word, etc.), sound installations, video screenings, literary readings/events, lectures, panels, conversations, workshops, or short festivals. For this deadline on October 15, proposals should focus on recurring series (example – poetry readings that occur every other Thursday night, etc.).
Please send a 1-2 page writeup of your proposal and be sure to include the following components:
- A narrative synopsis
- Relevant links to or embedded video, images, or sound clips as work samples
- Project team list (with links to website, bios, or CVs)
- Rough budget (please identify proposed need for budget from CSF as well as other additional funding sources)
- Proposed dates or timeline (please indicate if timeline is critical or could be adjusted)
- Please identify how long the series will run and what the cadence for programming would be (for example, a music showcase that happens once a month on the third Sunday every month for a year). If proposing a one-time event, please identify the scope of time needed for the installation and production of the project (for example, a month-long residency of a theatre company putting on a production 3 weeks in a row)
Submissions should come to email@example.com in the form of a cover letter with PDF attachment of the full project proposal. The subject line should read CAPSULE OPEN CALL. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.