Sager Braudis Residency / Deadline: September 1
Sager Braudis Gallery is located in Columbia, Missouri and features exhibits of regionally, nationally, and internationally acclaimed artists.
The Sager Braudis Gallery Residency Program offers space, time, and feedback necessary for artists to efficiently develop an informed body of work. Applicants may propose work in any media and on the subject of their choosing, exhibiting the background knowledge to work independently, as well as the intent to push current ideas and techniques into new territory.
• WINTER SESSION December 1, 2019 – February 22, 2020
• SPRING SESSION March 1 – May 24, 2020
• SUMMER SESSION May 31 – August 23, 2020
• FALL SESSION August 30 – November 28, 2020
Applicants may choose any/all sessions for which to apply, but each applicant chosen will be accepted for only one session.
2 artists per session will be accepted, sharing a 2 bedroom, 2 bath living space and a 1 room studio space,* with 24/7 key access to the secure studio.
Collaborating duos of artist are encouraged to apply. Artists applying individually will be equally considered and, if accepted, thoughtfully paired by the gallery team. Individual applicants should share any roommate-related constraints and must plan to attend alone.
All rent and utilities are covered by the residency. The studio may be arranged and equipped by the artists in whatever manner serves the work. Residents will be responsible for travel to and from Columbia, local transportation, meals, and studio supplies and equipment.
To apply, submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Residency.” Email body should include your full contact information; all materials should be included as attachments (no links, please).
• Artist’s CV
• Brief bio
• 8-12-image portfolio representative of past work with accompanying artist’s statement
• Plan for work to be created in residency, including written explanation, sketches, any images available, and, as well as a proposal for the selection of work to be left at the end of the residency, given your media and process (example: Three 16×20 oil paintings)
• Contact information for two art-related professional references
• For which residency session you wish to be considered