About Mid-America Arts Alliance
More Art for More People
Mid-America Arts Alliance strengthens and supports artists, cultural organizations, and communities throughout the region and beyond.
Mid-America affirms the following values, and commits to embracing and holding ourselves accountable to these principles in all of our work:
- Freedom of cultural and creative expression is fundamental to humanity.
- The arts and humanities encourage empathy and further the understanding of diverse cultures and traditions.
- Collaborations and partnerships leverage creativity, resources, and experience to expand possibilities.
- Thriving arts communities contribute to prosperous, successful societies.
- Service to the arts ecosystem of the region is infused with innate curiosity and a creative approach to innovation, within an environment that allows for risk taking and ongoing learning.
- Commitment to equitable policies, inclusive practices, and celebration of the rich diversity of our region permeate our organizational structure and our service to the region.
Who We Are
We are a nonprofit, regional arts organization—representing Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas—that focuses on strengthening communities and improving lives through extraordinary cultural experiences.
We are artists, administrators, historians, preservationists, preparators. We are writers, painters, photographers, activists.