We are committed to equal employment opportunity and to recruiting staff that supports our mission.
Professional Development Consultant
Mid-America Arts Alliance seeks to contract a part-time Professional Development Consultant for our virtual ARt Connect Program through CACHE (Creative Arkansas Community Hub & Exchange) in Northwest Arkansas. ARt Connect is a thirty-month Mid-America Arts Alliance professional development program beginning fall 2020 for small to midsize organizations in Northwest Arkansas. Our program provides focused professional and organizational development training using a combination of peer learning, professional development coaching, and topic-based expert-led workshops. The ARt Connect program is designed to strengthen participants’ organizational effectiveness and sustainability and amplifying an arts ecosystem that supports the wider community.
The ideal candidate for this contract position:
- Must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in arts administration, nonprofit management, public administration, or Master’s Degree in the arts or 5-7 years equivalent nonprofit experience
- Consulting and presenting experience required
- Considerable experience in organizational governance and community engagement
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experienced in MS Office and Google Suite
- Work with ARt Connect participating organizations by identifying issues of organizational needs and providing training resources and coaching to establish improvement goals.
- Work with Engage staff: the Director of Professional Development and Engage Liaison; and CACHE (Creative Arkansas Community Hub & Exchange) staff: ARt Connect Program Manager, ARt Connect Liaison to formulate high-quality content program content including but not limited to the creation of agendas, handouts, lectures and discussions, and PowerPoint presentations. Identify organizational needs and work with content experts to develop Expert-led Topical Workshops.
- Provide Individual Coaching Sessions supporting organizations as they make progress toward goals established in the beginning, and during, the program.
- Facilitate and oversee each monthly peer session in collaboration with the topic-based specialist.
- Consultant will aid organizations in making measurable progress towards goals.
- Consultant will prepare reports to document all consulting activities of each consultation visit, including phone and email consultations.
- Develop and/or identify additional materials needed by ARt Connect participating organizations and share these materials with participant organizations and program staff.
- Act as an advocate for each assigned organization’s improvement.
The working conditions include desk/computer work and require frequent travel in the Northwest Arkansas region if the program transitions from virtual to in person. Should be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and with short-term deadlines. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Please submit the following to Dr. Kheli R. Willetts, Director of Professional Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Three references including relationship and years known
- Sample proposal for a professional development workshop on the topic of organizational governance or community engagement for an arts and culture audience (maximum of four pages)
Mid-America Arts Alliance
2018 Baltimore Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64108
800-735-2966 (TTY/TDD users)
Frequently Asked Questions about Employment at M-AAA
What kinds of jobs are typically available at Mid-America Arts Alliance?
Mid-America Arts Alliance employs a diverse range of individuals, from arts curators to grant writers to creative designers to accounting and management professionals.
How do I apply for a position at Mid-America Arts Alliance?
Instructions for applying for a given position are included in the job posting. M-AAA does not accept unsolicited resumes.
May I apply for multiple positions at the same time?
Yes, you may, but please indicate the position you most wish to be considered for when applying, and the reason you feel you are most suited for that position, in your cover letter.
Will you contact me about the progress of my application?
When your application has been received, you will be sent an acknowledgment via email. If a hiring manager determines your skills match the need of the position, you will be contacted for further screening and consideration.
Where is Mid-America Arts Alliance, and what are the business hours?
We are located at 2018 Baltimore Ave., Kansas City, MO 64108. Our headquarters is in the heart of the Crossroads Arts District. Office hours are typically 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday. M-AAA has limited public hours only for visitors attending an exhibition installed in our space. Regarding employment, please arrange a visit in advance.
What about the confidentiality of my application information?
Your information is private and is not shared with anyone outside Mid-America Arts Alliance. It is only used for employment purposes.
I have additional questions. Who should I contact?
Contact Human Resources, hr (at) maaa.org