Our Strategic Plan
As we reflect and learn from our history and approach the celebration of the 50th anniversary of our founding, this strategic plan envisions the ongoing evolution of Mid-America Arts Alliance as the nation’s first Regional Arts Organization and our continuing journey to serve the needs of the region.
Mid-America Arts Alliance strengthens and supports artists, cultural organizations, and communities throughout the region and beyond.
More art for more people.
Mid-America affirms the following values, and commits to embracing and holding ourselves accountable to these principles in all of our work:
- Freedom of cultural and creative expression is fundamental to humanity.
- The arts and humanities encourage empathy and further the understanding of diverse cultures and traditions.
- Collaborations and partnerships leverage creativity, resources, and experience to expand possibilities.
- Thriving arts communities contribute to prosperous, successful societies.
- Service to the arts ecosystem of the region is infused with innate curiosity and a creative approach to innovation, within an environment that allows for risk taking and ongoing learning.
- Commitment to equitable policies, inclusive practices, and celebration of the rich diversity of our region permeate our organizational structure and our service to the region.
Goal 1: Ensure a Thriving Arts Sector
Strengthen artists and organizations in their ability to create and serve their constituents
Goal 2: Celebrate the Region’s Creative Assets
Elevate and support the vibrancy of the arts in the Mid-America region
Goal 3: Prioritize Inclusion
Demonstrate our commitment to diversity
and equity through policies, practices, programs, and services
Goal 4: Strengthen M-AAA’s Internal Capacity
Strengthen Mid-America’s internal capacity to effectively deliver its programs and services