Mid-America Arts Alliance (M-AAA) is proud to offer a unique professional development opportunity for artists working in all disciplines: Artist INC.
Artist INC provides cutting-edge training seminars that address the specific daily business needs and challenges artists of all disciplines face. Limited to twenty-five participants per seminar, artists gather for one night a week for eight weeks to learn business skills specific to their art practice and apply those skills cooperatively with their peers.
Objectives and Criteria
Artist INC seminars provide a host of benefits to artists of all disciplines through mentorship opportunities, expert presentations, and peer networks to develop their entrepreneurial skill and strengthen their artistic practice. Artists gain:
- Skills in arts planning, marketing, finance, law, and technology;
- Increased knowledge and the ability to access local and national art business resources;
- Strategic planning for pursuing, marketing and sustaining their art; and a
- Long-term network of cross-discipline, diverse artists to provide peer learning and support into the future.
Artist INC is open to any artist of any discipline, from emerging through established careers. Applicants should communicate how the Artist INC program will support or strengthen their own business practice as well as show promise of participation in their local artist community network.
Artist INC covers a lot of ground. Artists can learn to be entrepreneurial in the following capacities:
- Artist INC Live: The original Artist INC opportunity, Artist INC Live seminars meet once a week for learning in all the basic Artist INC curriculum.
- Artist INC Advance: Artist INC Advance artists and their peers work together to use the skills and concepts introduced in Artist INC Live and apply them systematically to a specific project each artist has chosen to pursue.
- Artist INC Express: Artist INC Express is a two-day intensive workshop created to address the specific business needs and challenges artists of all disciplines face every day.
- What Works: What Works workshops are 120 minutes, sharing the successful behaviors of artist entrepreneurs.
We are pleased to bring Artist INC to eight communities at this time. See the menu at right to learn more about each.
Artist INC seminars throughout the M-AAA region are supported by the National Endowment for the Arts, our six state arts organizations, and foundations, corporations and individuals throughout Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas. The Artist INC program was developed by the University of Missouri–Kansas City Innovation Center.
Get in Touch
Have Questions? Want to bring Artist INC to your community?
Contact us at artistinc (at) maaa.org or (816) 421-1388