Regional Touring Program
The Regional Touring Program (RTP) provides support for regional presenting organizations to showcase the work of artists from outside their home states.
- Presenters that book an artist listed on a state touring roster may be awarded up to 50 percent of the artist’s fee.
- Presenters that book an artist that lives in the region, but is not listed on a touring roster, may be awarded up to 25 percent of the artist’s fee.
- Presenters located in rural communities may receive an additional 10 percent of the artist’s fee.
Touring artists must come from outside your state but within M-AAA’s service region (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas). Organizations must be a 501(c)3 not-for-profit or a governmental or tribal entity.
Presenters may book artists in any discipline and grants require a complementary arts activity (a class, performance, or other) that precedes a public performance.
Applications are accepted on a rolling deadline at any point during M-AAA’s fiscal year, which is July 1–June 30. Grants are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, until the allocation for each state is gone. New allocations begin each year on July 1.
FY19 (July 1, 2018–June 30, 2019) Regional Touring Program Grant funds are all allocated. FY20 (July 1, 2019–June 30, 2020) RTP Grant guidelines will be posted in May. Please inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. For reference, full FY19 RTP Grant Guidelines are available.
Special Opportunity for Northwest Kansas Organizations
For FY19 (July 1, 2018–June 30, 2019), we are happy to announce a special opportunity for Northwest Kansas organizations. The Dane G. Hansen Foundation will cover up to 50% of the artist fee for public events in Northwest Kansas. This means that Northwest Kansas organizations receiving M-AAA’s RTP grant will have a second grant opportunity, with 100% of artist fees potentially covered. Learn more about this opportunity from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation.
If you are an artist
Although RTP grants are awarded directly to presenting organizations, artists can help by:
- Registering on your state’s touring roster. If you are already registered, make sure your information is up to date.
- Creating a website and making sure your information is up to date. Presenters are required to submit a link to this site as part of the application.
- Circulating this flyer, outlining the program opportunities.