Regional Touring Program
The Regional Touring Program (RTP) provides support for regional presenting organizations to showcase the work of artists from outside their home states.
- Presenters that book an artist listed on a state touring roster may be awarded up to 50 percent of the artist’s fee.
- Presenters that book an artist that lives in the region, but is not listed on a touring roster, may be awarded up to 25 percent of the artist’s fee.
- Presenters located in rural communities may receive an additional 10 percent of the artist’s fee.
Touring artists must come from outside your state but within M-AAA’s service region (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas). Organizations must be a 501(c)3 not-for-profit or a governmental or tribal entity.
Presenters may book artists in any discipline and grants require an outreach activity (a class, performance, or other) to engage the general public in the work of the featured artist or educate an audience about the art form.
Applications are accepted on a rolling deadline at any point during M-AAA’s fiscal year, which is July 1–June 30. Grants are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, until the allocation for each state is gone. New allocations begin each year on July 1.
FY20 (July 1, 2019–June 30, 2020) RTP Grant guidelines are here; however, all FY20 funds have been allocated. Please inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org regarding fund availability in your state.
If you are an artist
Although RTP grants are awarded directly to presenting organizations, artists can help by:
- Registering on your state’s touring roster. If you are already registered, make sure your information is up to date.
- Creating a website and making sure your information is up to date. Presenters are required to submit a link to this site as part of the application.
- Circulating this flyer, outlining the program opportunities.
State Arts Agency Rosters
Special Opportunity for Northwest Kansas Organizations
For FY20 (July 1, 2019–June 30, 2020), we are happy to continue a special opportunity for Northwest Kansas organizations. The Dane G. Hansen Foundation will cover up to 50 percent of the artist fee for public events in the Foundation’s twenty-six-county service area in Northwest Kansas. This means that Northwest Kansas organizations receiving M-AAA’s RTP grant will have a second grant opportunity, with 100 percent of artist fees potentially covered. Learn more about this opportunity from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation.